Education Committee Notes, October 2022 - Sam Glenn, Chair
Education Committee has started planning for 2023. We are unsure about continuing Lunch & Learns, but are testing out November and January to see what engagement looks like. Non-CMAS CE classes and CMAS classes have been scheduled through the end of the year, working on Q1 scheduling now. Evergreen Lutheran Church has been a good option for large groups, but need to test out new A/V equipment in that location.
Education Committee Notes, May 2021
Lunch and Learn Program
A. How to Read & Review a Title Commitment – June 8th from 11am-12pm, Laura Roberts, Chicago Title. Free to MMAR members. On-line via Zoom.
B. Home Staging - Jess Strom can cover the physical staging. Christina Skirpan will be covering virtual staging. Available dates are May 20th or 26th or June 2nd, 3rd, 14th, 17th or 24th. Debbie will confirm a date.
C. Multiple Offers - Tod Franklin offers a 2 CE credit class on this topic – He’s doing one for Coldwell Banker on 6/1
D. BrokerBay – June 17th from 1-2pm with Jennifer Costello
Non-CMAS CE Offerings
A. Code of Ethics/Orientation – next one June 24th
B. Realtor® Safety Class – Brian will ask his Taekwondo contact if they could do some sort of hands-on class.
C. RPR Class Offerings - Link for classes will be in the eblast for members to sign up.
Strengthen and Develop the CMAS Designation Offering
A. June 2nd, 10-12pm, CMAS Mountain Wildfire Safety and Mitigation – Core CMAS class with Bruce Anderson, Farmers Insurance; Cindy Latham, Rotary Wildfire Ready; John Putt, MMAR Co-chair Wildlife Education Committee. 2 CE credits. On-line via ZOOM.
B. June 9th, 10-12pm, New CMAS Class: CMAS Wildfire II Home Assessment, Defensible Space & Home Hardening – Core Class. Ben Yellen, Wildland Captain, Elk Creek Fire Protection District, Instructor. 2 CE credits. On-line via ZOOM.
C. July – Noxious Weeds - Need power point from Betsy so Debbie can do the timed outline. Spero location to be discussed at the next Exec Committee meeting.
D. The Board has asked us to find ways to promote our CMAS classes to other associations – in progress.
- Carmen to work on updating the CMAS map.
- Working with DMAR – Lisa Kallweit
- Look into promotion at the brokerage level.
- Keep in mind a reasonable driving distance for in-person classes and acceptable mountain transaction geography.
F. Lyndee has updated the CMAS Status Report which show all expired members. When sending out the letter requesting members with an expired CMAS certification to no longer use the designation, this needs to be updated via the database so it can easily be tracked.
Create and Complete a Procedures Manual for CMAS Classes
A. Procedure Manual – Confirm content of manual aligns with 2021 strategic plan – in progress.
A. The Bergen Fire Station will no longer be an option for the foreseeable future. Here is the update on other venues:
- Conifer Fire Station – Brian to inquire
- Evergreen Lutheran Church and Aspen Ridge Church should be options once covid restrictions loosen up.
- Pub & Grub is not an option.
- Alpine Rescue location is not an option.
- Elks Lodge – Carmen, Anne and Debbie talked to them prior to covid, should still be an option.
- El Rancho – Carmen to inquire; Wild Game is currently closed – Carmen to check with Todd from our office who is friends with the owner.
- We can always use the Keller Williams and Coldwell Banker conference rooms.
- Tuscany Tavern is a possibility as it was used for Dan Smith’s reverse mortgage lunch and learn.
- Buchanan Rec Center – Anne to inquire
- The for-profit facilities could possibly have a free affiliate membership.
Education & Advertising Committee Notes, January 2021
Lunch and Learn Program
A. Understanding Colorado Homes – February 18th, 11:30-1pm, Andrew Sams with Alpine Building Performance (Inspector), Instructor
B. Home Staging - Virtual home staging and actual home staging classes are targeted for March or April
C. Check with Scott Peterson regarding a discussion on hate speech/social media and the NAR expectations for Realtors®, as well as other current issues
Non-CMAS CE Offerings (On-line CE credit classes have been extended indefinitely)
B. Keys to Divorce and the Marital Home – February 4th, 10-12 pm. Joan Rogliano, Instructor
C. Beginner Social Media Classes - in the works
E. RPR Class Offerings - New RPR website coming in late February/early March, will discuss classes when rollout complete
Develop the CMAS Designation Offerings (On-line CE credit classes have been extended indefinitely) (Update CMAS Map)
A. February –Basics of Building in the Foothills, February 10th, 10am – 12pm
B. March – Home Inspection in the Foothills
C. April – OnSite Wastewater Treatment Facilities
D. May – Noxious Weeds
E. June – Wildfire
F. July – Wildlife