2.9.2023 Affiliate Committee Meeting Notes
RJ Baxter, Chair
We discussed the upcoming golf tournament entry fees, sponsorship opportunities, and details. Also discussed were sponsorship opportunities for affiliates to get more exposure for affiliates because there are very few class sponsorship opportunities, the rotation takes almost 2 years between times for each affiliate.
1.10.2023 Affiliate Committee Golf Meeting Notes
RJ Baxter, Chair
We discussed the feasibility of holding a MMAR Golf Tournament, debated logistics of the tournament, identified questions and decisions that have to be made, and delegated tasks to get more information. Goal set to have all information necessary to nail down the specifics on the tournament at the next affiliate committee meeting Feb 9th. Decision was made to move forward if approved by the board. RJ will be presenting this to the board as soon as we have more details, especially regarding format, costs, etc. A task list was created, attendance was strong – RJ Baxter, Debbie Propeck, Lyndee Louk, Chris Davis, Bruce Anderson, Kathy West, Jennifer Hager, Robin Stahnke, Sam Glenn, Dan Smith. Nancy Alexander and Jen Kelso-Shaw are very much involved but couldn’t make this meeting.
December 2022 Affiliate Committee Notes, December 2022 - RJ Baxter, Chair
The Affiliate Committee discussed the next happy hour and was informed that the planning of the happy hours will be with the membership committee moving forward. The bulk of the meeting was a discussion about potentially organizing a MMAR golf tournament for next summer. A follow up meeting for the golf committee was set for Jan 10th at 1:00pm.
Affiliate Committee Notes, October 2022 - RJ Baxter, Chair
- Carmen would like for us to get crazy creative this year – find ways to promote MMAR in the community
- Market stats videos – if an affiliate wants to do one, they need to step up; RJ will put it out there in his eblast to affiliates
- If an affiliate has a video they have posted to their sphere, can also send to Debbie to post on MMAR FB page
- Idea to do a short 30 second video of affiliates featured in the eblast instead of just their picture and contact info; Lyndee…please contact Constant Contact for eblast limitations on videos, if any
- Next mixer will be in February – Jon Edwards is currently organizing these but would probably like some help
- Want to do an affiliate showcase within the next 12 months. Ideas:
- Fun event like bowling, kickball; could be a competition between RE offices
- Golf Tournament – agents are golfers, affiliates at each hole – would collect donations for this event to either support a local cause, or would also be great to have money go to a line item in the MMAR budget for other affiliate events
- Could do a poker tournament as well if golf tournament doesn’t work out
Affiliate Committee Notes, August 2022
- Happy Hour at Wild Game August 17th- social media blast being prepared and will be posted tomorrow on MMAR FB and Instagram. Notification sent to affiliates to share/promote. Appetizers sponsored by MMAR and drinks are buy-your-own. Affiliates at meeting to register.
- MMAR has dedicated $200 per quarter to Affiliate Mixer events- looking at possible dates for next Mixer/last one of the year on Nov. 9th or 10th. Did not discuss possible location or theme ideas yet.
- Reminder for all to register for Annual Inaugural: Sept 14 5:30-9pm at the Lake House in Evergreen- sponsors still needed and reviewed sponsorships. Any sponsor logos should be 300dpi and if logo is square and rectangle, send both. Deadline is Sept 7th for sponsors.
- Reminder to all on getting affiliate videos to RJ – can use Bom Bom, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- New member orientation- reminder can come and introduce self- next one in September.
- Goldilocks event upcoming.
Affiliate Committee Notes, April 2022
The main focus of the meeting was strategies to get the word out about the upcoming May 19th MMAR Happy Hour. Many ideas were proposed, and we came up with a plan of action. We also discussed the possibility of an affiliate planned event in the future such as a bowling tournament or Halloween event.
Affiliate Committee Notes, February 2022
The Affiliates had their bi-monthly meeting on Feb 10th. The meeting was well attended. The main topic of discussion was initiating a MMAR happy hour. We discussed ideas on how to organize it and decided quarterly was the right frequency to have them. There is already a mixer planned for July with the Chamber, so we are planning for the first MMAR happy hour in April. We formed a committee to work on the organization of these events.