June 2021 - Wildfire Committee Updates
1) We would like to see the addition of the a "Wildfire" Tab on MMAR's web site that will allow our members to easily find the links that we are educating them on and encourage them to share these links with their sphere, office, and on social media:
A) Rotary Wildfire Ready Home Page https://www.rotarywildfireready.com/ Rotary Wildfire Ready is a community-based project designed to increase wildfire awareness and education, and to help make our mountain communities safer from the threat of wildfire.
B) Links to Education Brochures https://simplebooklet.com/rotarywildfirereadybepreparedforwildfire
C) Display the websites for each local fire district for access to that neighborhood's CWIPP/ambassador and their SLASH programs:
Elk Creek Fire Protection District: http://elkcreekfire.org/
Evergreen Fire Protection District: https://evergreenfirerescue.com/
Genesee Fire Protection District: https://geneseefpd.colorado.gov/
Indian Hills Fire Protection District: https://www.ihfr.org/
D) Facebook links to Rotary Wildfire
2) We are creating a dedicated Wildfire education email to go out to ALL MMAR members each month. We will prepare it in advance and get it to the CEO to send on the 15th of each month.
June -Cathie Nicholson: Defensible Space
July – Kathleen Stump: Hardening Your Home
August – Steve Masztaler: Fire Resistant Landscaping
Sept – Jackie White: To Go Bag & Evacuation Check List
3) We want to educate other MMAR members about our Wildfire brochures and Ambassador programs so when they volunteer at our community events, they can educate the public
Bailey Day 10a - 8pm June 19th
Elevation Celebration - July 24th - 25th
Chili Cook off - Sept 11th
April 2021 - Wildfire Committee Updates
1) We have been approved by CAR for a Colorado Project Wildfire Grant and the CARPAC Issue Mobilization Funds for:
$2,786 Local IM Funds to MMAR to sponsor the printing of Wildfire Preparedness Educational Brochures
$2,296.61 Colorado Project Wildfire Grant Funds to sponsor the printing of Wildfire Preparedness Educational Brochures
TOTAL = $5082.61 - Checks will be mailed to MMAR on Thursday. We will use these funds to pay for
the printing cost of our Rotary Wildfire Educational Brochures. We will have these at most Community Events - Chili Cook Off, Bailey Days, Conifer’s Elevation Celebration...etc.!
For all five brochures, go to https://simplebooklet.com/rotarywildfirereadybepreparedforwildfire
1) Harden your Home 2) Defensible Space, 2) Emergency Go Bag, 4) Home Assessment Checklist & Wildland Fire Assessment Program, 5) Ready, Set, Go & Wildland Fire Action Guide.
Rotary Wildfire Ready - Be Prepared for Wildfire
Rotary Wildfire Ready is a non-profit organization whose mission is to increase wildfire preparedness in our communities and help make our residents safer from the threat of wildfire.
2) Education Fire Truck: Will be present at community events mentioned above, and Wildfire Committee members will be on hand to distribute the above brochures
3) CMAS classes:
CMAS 1 - June 2nd - 10am-12pm - Mountain Wildfire Safety and Mitigation - Core
CMAS 2 - June 9th - 10am-12pm - Home Assessment, Defensible Space - Core
4) Neighborhood Ambassadors: We are just diving into seek neighborhood ambassadors - following Jackie White’s work that she has developed for The Homestead. Some other neighborhoods have already started.